[Featured image from numbersle7in].
I am a student of the Law of Attraction. I believe that the Law of Attraction, or LOA for short, is like any law in the universe — knowing this law can help you focus on what you want, align your vibration to create and attract it into your life. And just like the law of gravity, you can choose to ignore the law of attraction at your own peril, but it will work regardless of your belief.
“That which is like unto itself is drawn.” – Abraham, Jerry and Esther Hicks
What is the Law of Attraction?
I think most people have discovered the Law of Attraction from the movie “The Secret“. The Law of Attraction states that “like attracts like”. We are (soul) energy beings, or beings of vibration, having a physical experience. We send out vibrations or “thoughts” (you can call it ‘feelings’ or ‘words’) every moment of our existence. LOA states that in order to manifest what you want you must ‘vibrate’ the frequency of what you want dominantly in your being, and only then will it manifest.
The work of Abraham through Jerry and Esther Hicks further clarified the Law of Attraction for the masses that were ready for the message. It was actually their work that propagated to influence the creation of the movie “The Secret”. (Check out Jerry and Esther Hick’s The Law of Attraction, on Amazon).
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” - Matthew 7:7 (Bible)
Through studying LOA, I have learned some elements of the Law of Attraction, I am outlining below:
1. There are only two types of vibrational energy: positive and negative. You are vibrating either one (and never both) each moment.
2. There is a time delay until what you vibrate manifests in your physical experience. Welcome to the 3rd dimension, in this physical plane you can’t say I want a Porsche and *poof* have it at that moment. This delay might be a good thing, must of us are not ‘savvy’ enough to ‘not ask’ for what we don’t want (yet).
Important Tip: The law of attraction does not hear “don’t,” “not,” and “no“. Just as you would search Google for “no computer” — the search results will give you ‘computer’. You must be specific and think of exactly what you want. Example, if you are asking for a computer, asking for “no PC” is not specific; asking for a “Mac” is more specific (assuming you prefer Macintosh computers, of course).
3. Allowing– is the state that follows after asking. It is the basis that determines the gap or delay between physical manifestation. This is also the element that many are not so good at doing, some have many ingrained habits that slows the allowing process (see #4).
Important Tip: A great way to allow more is to give all your attention to thoughts of already having what you want now. How? Through the use of IMAGINATION. It is scientifically proven that the brain cannot tell the difference between real action and imagined/visualized action. When you have thoughts that you already have what you want, the more you are allowing yourself to ‘naturally’ have it.
4. Resistance– is the counter-energy you vibrate to cancel the vibration of what you prefer to happen. It is the elements that slows down the allowing process.
Important Tip: Example of resistance are doubts and fears. You say “I want to be rich“. You follow that thought with “..but money is evil” which is a resistant thought. Resistance is mostly a habitual negation of energy. In this case, the thought of ‘wanting to be rich’ is being dis-allowed by the negative thought of ‘money being evil’ which is a negative thought. Replace thoughts that are resistant to the outcome of what you prefer to happen.
5. You must have deliberate intention (make choices). Make choices when it inspires you and gets you closer to what you want or prefer. An intention can manifest as a “choice“, and that can be an action or inaction (the choice to not act is a choice).
“When you learn more clearly to shift, to tune your frequency, to match that which you desire, then you will see that it has always been right here. You will know that you have always contained it, and you will then experience it as such. The way that you can more easily allow yourself to learn how to tune in this way is to let go of those things that don’t belong to you, to let go of those definitions that don’t work for you. Don’t insist on holding on to them. They will only hold you back like baggage you don’t need. Lighten up! Lighten your load, and you will experience more enlightenment.”
“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way.”
- Bashar, Daryl Anka
What is Nobody Telling You About the Law of Attraction that You Should Know?
If you are learning the Law of Attraction, there is a BIG caveat that is not being written when harnessing LOA. If you have have been learning LOA materials through Jerry and Esther Hicks, you probably already have an inkling.
Many LOA practitioners never touch upon it, but Jerry and Esther Hicks did — they referred to it as being in “the Vortex” or “the Grid”. It was Drunvalo Melchizedek however, that called it out. (If you are not familiar with Drunvalo Melchizedek, find out more on YouTube! I will definitely write more about him soon).
What is the lesson not a lot are teaching? It is this: most Law of Attraction practitioners manifests using their mind instead of their heart. Did you catch that? You MUST use your heart to manifest using the Law of Attraction and avoid your mind.
What Is the Difference Between a Mind-based LOA vs. Heart-based LOA?
- When you manifest through a mind-based LOA you are not manifesting “in the Vortex”. What this means is that you are still vibrating and getting what you what — but it is being manifested by the mind.
- What’s wrong with a mind manifestation? If you think carefully, the mind is a dual entity. Your brain is made up of left and right hemisphere which creates duality.
- Manifesting through the mind will indeed create what you want, but it will also create what you don’t want. There is duality, the mind will always create dual manifestations of what you want followed by what you don’t want.
- The heart is more powerful than the mind, it is actually the center-point of your existence. Many spiritual practices believe the heart anchors your soul to physical existence. This is further complemented by the fact that the heart is the first organ created during gestation. The heart forms in the embryo as the fetus starts to develop, as early as 3 weeks it starts beating life.
Leave the brain and create through the heart. You can feel this when you have unconditional love, a certain feeling of happiness and lightness, the idea of love, the love of your neighbor and of yourself.
When you create through your heart you will manifest and have what you want. Namaste!